Taig Mac Carthy

Taig Mac Carthy

Co-Founder of GIK Blue Wine

Blue Ocean Strategy has sincerely changed my life. And not in the mystic or metaphoric way people usually talk about books helping them: it provided a framework and specific tools that I applied and now I am the owner of a successful company at the age of 25.

And all I did, to be totally sincere here, was applying blue ocean strategy in the most straightforward way possible.

Three years ago, I was pretty lost. I knew that I wanted to be an entrepreneur because I hated the idea of having a boss. But I did not know what to do and my university wasn’t giving me any answers. Apart from that, I was going through a hard time with personal stuff. So I did a trip by myself to think about where I was going in my life, and I rented some books from the local library to read in the meantime. Among those books, I happened to pick Blue Ocean Strategy, a book I knew nothing about. And so it began.

Make sure to check out the rest of the story in this blog on GIK Blue.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website and continuing implies your consent - Read our full cookie policy Okay, don’t show me again